about the company
benerail is the Leading Railway Retail Expert in Europe
Have you ever tried to book an international train ticket? Nightmare, right? That’s what we are trying to solve. Our organisation enables companies to sell international railway tickets across Europe. Regardless of the company operating the train. Our APIs and front-ends are the market standard in the Benelux and are accompanied by supportive services like product data management, consultancy and integration services. In this way we reduce complexity for our customers, so they can focus entirely on optimising the service to the travelers and make the choice for international railway travel easy in order that everything is interconnected.
benerail is your smart ticket to a greener world
benerail is a spin-off from The Belgian and Dutch national railway, well established yet very ambitious. To help the railway industry become the most attractive environmentally friendly and competitive means of transport, our strategy now focuses on expansion. Driven by our mission to facilitate a significant contribution to a better climate, we are building a scalable and sustainable organisation built on autonomous and purpose-driven teams.
Our main office is located in Antwerp, with flex in Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Utrecht and Brussels. Although we love coming together in person, because of the international nature of benerail and its people, we have been a remote-first company from the start.
about the team:
The Distributor Success team is dedicated to nurturing and strengthening relationships with our valued distributors. Our team plays a vital role in understanding the needs and aspirations of our distributor clients, ensuring their success and satisfaction.
If challenges or conflicts occur, we act as trusted mediators and problem solvers, fostering collaborative solutions that maintain harmonious working relationships. One of our key initiatives is assisting distributors in seamlessly connecting to the innovative benerail APIs, empowering them to sell train tickets efficiently and effectively. Through our expertise and guidance, we ensure that distributors have the necessary support and resources to leverage the power of our APIs and enhance their business operations.
about the job:
Are you passionate about API development and do you enjoy guiding clients? Then we have an exciting opportunity for you!
At benerail, we’re looking for an enthusiastic hands-on Implementation DEV Support who loves delving into the world of APIs and enjoys assisting clients in finding optimal solutions. As the first point of contact for our distributors, you will play a crucial role in helping them with technical inquiries related to the implementation of our benerail api – the API that allows customers to connect to the benerail system and sell international rail tickets. From the first demo to the final go live.
To fulfil your role in an optimal way, it is important to have an overview of new releases, and understand the changes in software, data & configuration to support the customers. In this role you’ll quickly build up business knowledge, that you will eventually translate into understandable documentation that is accessible for our customers via a portal. Your ability to simplify complex technical concepts and presenting them in a clear and precise manner, will be key to helping our clients navigate their API implementation journey. This role is not for someone who only prefers the functional side of development; we need a true technical enthusiast! The ideal candidate will be customer-centric, valuing direct interaction with customers and also possessing hands-on development skills.
For this job, we expect you to have some years of experience in a development/support role already. But remember, that we consider the mindset and the willingness to grow equally important. We don’t expect you to know everything from day one, we are here to train you and give you space to explore this function.
- Customer oriented communication (listen, reassure, keep the customer informed in a reactive manner)
- Proactive and forward planning to avoid surprises for the customer
- Able to work both alone and as part of a team
- Continuous learning and can-do mentality
Technology and tooling
Experience in tooling asked:
- SOAP UI
- XML Spy Client
- Spring Boot, Spring Web
- Atlassian tooling: JIRA service desk, JIRA, Confluence
- Azure API management
- Familiarity with MS office tooling: Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, SharePoint and Powerpoint.
- Additionally, benerail has its own proprietary tooling to do issues analysis and configuration, which will be explained during the onboarding.
- REST API
- ASCIIDOCTOR for documentation.
- OPENAPI 3.x standard and later
We expect you to have basic knowledge of the technology mentioned above.
- English (must, both written and verbal)
- Knowledge of French and/or Dutch is considered a plus
what we offer
- A full-time function on the payroll. You will be part of an agile team, in which your opinion and ideas are considered. You work together to reach the team and company goals. We are a vibrant company with a start-up mentality and a sustainable mission: contributing to a modal shift towards sustainable mobility.
- Flexibility, including the opportunity to work from home.
- A modern office within walking distance of the railway station Antwerpen-Centraal
- Reimbursed international travel (I.e. from the Netherlands to our Belgian office or vice versa)
- A competitive remuneration
- And, very important, a dynamic and vibrant organisation where working goes hand in hand with having fun.
Do you dare to take on this challenge?
To contact us about this job, please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org